Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I just got a mail from Arthur C. Clarke!



I just got a mail from Arthur C. Clarke!

From: "Sir Arthur C. Clarke and Dan Werthimer"
Subject: SETI@home needs your help

Dear Mr Saunders,

SETI@home needs your help. The SETI@home team has accomplished much in the past 6 months. We have successfully depolyed the "enhanced" version of SETI@home.

[...]

To keep SETI@home operating for the next year, and to provide these new capabilities, will require approximately $540,000. Currently SETI@home is entirely funded by donations from people like you.

[...]

Thank You,

Sir Arthur C. Clarke (Author and Futurist)
Dan Werthimer (Chief Scientist, SETI@home)


Typical! I receive an e-mail from one of my favourite authors, and he's looking for money.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

It's exam and just when I need my daily distraction everybody stops posting.

No posts here for over a week, the forum is completely dead.

pooh pooh pooh (which can be taken as cursing or reprimanding. Either suits)

7:04 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home