Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Trouble and Strife

Ulster went pretty well. I thought I was a little lackluster in the foil; not fencing bad as such but not fencing great either. I came 5th there.

In the Sabre I fenced well. I seeded 4th after the pooles and got a buy into the last 8 . I beat Marcos there, but in my semi-final I was dissected by Gareth Sykes (15-3!). Still I'm happy with the result looking at the competition 3rd was probably the best I could have hoped for.

...

There has been a lot of strife stirred up in the I.A.F.F. by this article from the Belfast telegraph. Various people have read it and are screaming for explanations/resignations etc. The I.A.F.F committee have yet to comment officially on it, so I don't agree with all this knee jerk bufoonery. However in the absence of an official statement, you can understand the sentiment. Get a move on committee! Let the members know what is going on.

...

This just in. Apparently Shirley has stated she wants to take a term that the Salle will not be opening till the new year! What does she expect the fencers to do in the mean time? I'm going to join Pembroke fencing club, while I'll making up my mind about what to do about my training now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home