Friday, July 30, 2004

RIP: My Taste in Music

Earlier this week I was reading the latest post in Neil Gaiman's Blog. He had posted a link to an audio file of William Shatner singing Pulp's "Common People". Since then I have found myself listening to over and over. I think I might like it. I think this might be the final nail in the coffin of "My Taste in Music" (previous nails have included the "Final Countdown" as my mobile ringtone, and a penchant for anything sung by Meatloaf).

A strange thing happened over the weekend. Josephine's little cousins were in Dublin with their mother visiting us. While I was training with the Irish Squad in the morning they went to see Shrek 2, so I met them later that day. The previous time they visited I had entertained them with a display of juggling and it had gone down a treat, so much so that apparently Elizabeth (the younger of the two at 3 years old) had been talking excitedly about meeting "The Juggler" again coming up to the visit. Apparently I didn't quite live up to her expectations this time round. Upon seeing me she was scared stiff, in fact the one time I went anywhere near her she screamed blue murder...perhaps it's time I got that hair cut?

On the fencing front: It was the final day of training last night, before Salle Duffy closed for the summer. There was a foil competition (the Touhy Cup) to mark the occasion, and yours truly was delighted to walk out victorious. I must ask Philip if I can fence in Pembroke for August; I've worked pretty hard this year so I don't want to be starting again in September.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home