Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Let's not forget the girls!

In my last post I gave the results of the men's Federation Foil but omitted the result of the ladies competition. Aoife Lennon (captain of the Irish foil team, and fellow Northsider) won the competion with a good win over Suzanne Clayton in the final.

I think that it would be remiss of me not to mention the afters. The IAFF organised a Barbeque in the Kingston hotel in Dun Laoghaire. The food was not stunning; I mean what's a barbeque without a burger? We had a great night none the less, I was out for the count the next day. Must have had a bad pint ;-)

Here's a picture of where we had the BBQ:


After this we went to a bar called the 40 Foot. Apart from having Nazis on the door, this overpriced outhouse had no atmosphere and poor Guinness. We stayed there for one and then headed into town on the bus. We met a few more fencers and had a few more drinks at the far superior Portobello bar. From there I went home (I'm getting too old) while the lads went on to Tramco.

As far as scandal is concerned I didn't witness much, however we did all have a giggle at Hamsandwich's dangerous liaisons with an older woman! Could we be witnesing the blossoming of a new romance on the Irish fencing scene?

Watch this space.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home