Thursday, September 16, 2004

Trepidation

I'm feeling a bit anxious.

The reason?

Today I'm starting a coaching job for UCD fencing club. A few months ago the captain of UCD fencing club Owen MacNamee approached Marcos and me asking if we were interested in coaching positions with the club. I accepted gratefully.

Why am I worried? Well for a selection of reasons really. I haven't done any real coaching since my time in Trinty, so it's been a while. I guess there is going to have to be some on-the-job training. Still it's not like I don't know how to fence, It should all come back to me...I guess...hopefully...

Heading to Galway this weekend for the inagurial West of Ireland Open. Foil and sabre on the Saturday and Epee on the sunday. Not sure what the entry in going to be like. Hopefully enough to make it worth the trip.

In other news apparently the 19th of this month is "International Talk like a Pirate Day"
that should make the epee competition on Sunday interesting...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home