Sunday, September 16, 2007

I Would Appear to Own a Couch


So much has happened since the last Blog post I hardly know where to start. However I think I can summarise it quite simply:
  • I'm now living in New York.
Now that that's out of the way: I woke up this morning with a rotten hangover, after having arrived home from my local Irish bar "Dublin" at about 4.30 in the morning. I groggily stomp out of bed, heading towards the living room of my company rented apartment in Greenwich Village. I am stopped from getting into the room however, for there, wedged into the living room doorway, standing on one end, is an ugly pale green couch.

The previous evening's events come flooding back to me. Stumbling home from the Dublin through the Village, I meet on the pavement, - sidewalk as I should probably now be calling it - the afore-mentioned couch. Presumably it's sitting there to picked up with the garbage or something. "I don't have a couch," I think, "and here's a couch just sitting here to be thrown out"

So apparently, by myself, I dragged this 3 seater settee back to my apartment. Got it as far as the sitting room doorway, then possibly couldn't figure out the complexities of getting it through the doorway, and went to bed.

It's a miracle I didn't put my back out.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

a beer with a little brain + too much honey !

10:56 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home