Tuesday, February 08, 2005

And so it begins...

Started my real training for the 5-Nations this evening. I went for a 20 minute run after coming home from work, and took it nice and easy. After all, I have a competition at the weekend (East of Ireland) and tomorrow is the final training session I'll get before it. The last thing I need is to be going in with sore calves.

I want to do something every weekday from now till the 5-Nations. What I'm thinking is running on Monday, and Wednesday evenings. Also I'll do a run on Thursday evening before training in UCD. Friday? Well I'll have to see if I can get in some anaerobic or strength training at some stage.

The real problem with my training regime is only 1 fencing session a week. I'm going to see if I can supplement this with competitions, and training in UCD and DCU.

Finally I'm going to use this Blog to keep me honest. Expect an update everyday on exactly what training has been done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home